The Legislative Policy Committee (LPC):
- Meets on a monthly basis to consider any current legislation and policy activities at both the state and federal level which may affect our members and advises the Board of Directors accordingly.
- Assists the League of Minnesota Cities with its development of legislative policies in the areas of cable, broadband, telecommunications, rights-of-way and tower sitings
- Issues Action Alerts on legislative and policy matters and, as necessary, advises its members of what action to take;
- Works closely with its lobbyists, McGran & Shea, on legislative issues at the State level, and:
- Works in tandem with its parent organization, NATOA, on federal legislative issues and activities.
Currently, the LPC is co-chaired by Jodie Miller, NDC4 Cable Commission and Mike Reardon, City of St. Paul. If you, or your agency, are a member of MACTA, you are encouraged to join the LPC. For more information on the LPC, please contact MACTA at 651-290-6282.