MACTA New Website FAQs
I am having technical problems and glitches when trying to navigate the website, register or update profile/account information. What should I do?
You may experience some problems with the website if you are using an Internet Explorer web browser. Firefox and Google Chrome are preferred for this site. If switching browsers does not resolve the issue, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your problem.
How do I sign in and control my personal and organization profile?
Personal Sign In
In December 2013, you received an email from MACTA with your new username and password. By default, your username is your email address on file.
If you have forgotten your password, please click on the "Forgot the Password" link on the Sign In page. Once you sign in, please change your password to something you will remember and be sure to review and update your unique profile. (You can change your password by clicking “Members Only,” then “Member Portal,” then “Preferences.”)
Organization Sign In
If you are the primary MACTA member for your organization, you also received an email in December containing a username and password for your organization. The username is a six-digit number. If you do not remember your username, contact email@example.com to have it sent to you.
Once you log-in for your organization, Click “Members Only,” then “Member Portal,” then “Preferences” to change your username and password to something you will remember.
How do I set up my personal and organization profiles?
Once you have signed into your personal account, you will be brought to your Personal Profile Page. From there, you can edit your Professional Information, Personal Information and Additional Information by clicking the [Edit] button associated with each category.
Your profile will also show you who else is part of your organizational network under “My Associates” to the left.
If you are the primary MACTA member for your organization, you can update your organization profile. Once you have signed into your organization account, you will be brought to your Organization Profile Page. From there, you can edit your Professional Information and Additional Information by clicking the [Edit] button associated with each category.
Your organization profile will also show you who is part of your organization network under “Sub-Accounts” to the left.
For both your personal and organization profile, you can control the privacy for ALL of your data with MACTA. Once in [Edit] mode, you can select what is private, members only or public. Simply click the “lock” icon to the left of the data field and select the proper level. (For example, you can list your city/state/zip to the public, and hide your address)
How do I manage my organization profile?
If you are the primary MACTA member for your organization, you can manage your organization profile. This includes:
- Adding and managing members of your organization
- Renewing the membership
- Making updates to the organization’s information
- Selecting the privacy level of the information provided
Once you have signed into your organization account, you will be brought to your Organization Profile Page.
- To add or manage members of your organization, click on “Manage Profile,” then click “Sub-accounts.” [Instructional Webinar: Add/Remove Employees From Company Records]
- Members set up as sub-accounts will have access to the MACTA website and receive MACTA correspondence.
- If you click on the person’s name you will be able to view that profile.
- There are three icons located next to the person’s name that allow you to update that person’s profile, suspend the person from your organization and detach the person from your organization.
- To remove someone from your organization, first click the icon to suspend the person, and then click the icon to detach the person from your organization.
- To add a person to your list, click on "create a sub-account” or click on send and invite.
- To renew or check the status of your membership, click on “Membership Info”
- To make updates to your organizations information click the [Edit] button next to “Professional Information,” or click “Manage Profile,” then “Edit Bio.”
How do I access the MACTA Membership Directory?
The MACTA Membership Directory is one of the great benefits to MACTA members. In the new system, each member can determine where and what information shows up about them or their organization by selecting Private, Members Only or Public.*
To view the Member Directory, you must sign in and then click “Members Only,” then “Member Directory.”
*Please note that if you do not select Public on an item, you will not return on that search for any public visitors. i.e., If you make your city/state “Members Only” or “Private,” and a public visitor puts your city/state in the search box, you will not show up. Also, the search for name and organization are currently a full word search only – you must put in Evaluation not Eval or Christine, not Chris.
What are all of those other new links and options?
The new website offers more social networking features to foster collaboration within MACTA. Key features include a new, more customizable member profile, ability to set up your own personal blog, online chat/instant messaging, favorites, connections, wiki-enabled pages, NEW and INTEGRATED forum, group pages, file libraries and more. Feel free to try them out!
Need more help? Check out our Webinars...
We’ve created the following webinars for you to learn about the new features and enhance your experience with the new website: