View results from the MACTA communication survey
Tuesday, December 03, 2013
MACTA’s redesigned website and newly launched e-Brief newsletter are useful tools for communication, according to members who participated in a recent survey. Thirty-four people responded to the survey conducted in October and November.
- Almost 71 percent of respondents agreed or strongly agreed that MACTA’s website contains useful information and resources.
- Seventy-one percent thought that the website is easy to navigate and is aesthetically pleasing.
- When asked for their level of agreement about MACTA’s website being regularly updated, 41 percent agreed or strongly agreed and almost 53 percent neither agreed nor disagreed.
- When asked how often they visited MACTA’s website, almost 39 percent of respondents said monthly, almost 4 percent said weekly and 50 percent said less than once a month.
- Respondents felt it would be useful to add links to NATOA articles on the website along with archived e-Briefs, contact information of all members and conference attendees, and announcements of equipment trade shows and vendor events.
- When asked about the e-Brief, almost 91 percent of respondents agreed or strongly agreed that the electronic newsletter contains useful and relevant content.
- Almost 88 percent said that the e-Brief is well designed and easy to read.
- Close to 73 percent said that they were more connected to MACTA since the start of the e-Brief last April.
- When asked about how they would prefer that MACTA communicate with them, the majority or 94 percent of respondents said e-mail or e-Brief. Sixty-two percent preferred communication through website updates and almost 15 percent said through mailings or Facebook.
- Improvement suggestions for ways to engage members included holding quarterly lunch workshops, adding a listserve, and posting links to public meetings and a summary of MACTA board meetings on the website.
The MACTA Board and Communications Committee will consider all of the information submitted and use the feedback to make improvements.
» For complete survey results, download the PDF.