Featured Facility - CTV
1. What year was your organization established?
The North Suburban Communications Commission (NSCC) was established by the member cities in 1981 to have more bargaining power with the cable companies that had descended upon the Twin Cities suburban area. They established the North Suburban Access Corporation (NSAC), DBA CTV North Suburbs, as a nonprofit organization in 1991 to manage the community channels, equipment and facilities.
2. What city/cities does your organization serve?
CTV North Suburbs is located in Roseville and serves nine cities: Arden Hills, Falcon Height, Lauderdale, Little Canada, Mounds View, New Brighton, North Oaks, Roseville and St. Anthony.
3. What is the approximate population of the area your organization serves?
Population is approximately 110,000.
4. What is the board/management structure?
A board of nine representatives manages CTV North Suburbs. Each member city appoints one commissioner to be its representative on the board.
5. How many full-time and part-time staff members?
13 full-time and 14 part-time staff members.
6. How many channels does your organization manage?
CTV North Suburbs has eight channels: 14, 15, 16, 18, 19, 20, 21 and 98. CTV Channel 16, the city channel, is different for each of the nine member cities.
7. Do you have a fun fact or story about your organization?
2016 marks the 25th year for CTV North Suburbs, and plans are underway for an event in the fall to celebrate this milestone. Each year, a “Year in Review” video is created to share with our communities. In addition, a virtual tour of CTV North Suburbs was recently completed, which includes interiors of the facility and one production truck.
8. Please list your organization’s website and social media links.